In May 2021, we achieved the Inclusion Quality Mark’s Inclusive School Award with
Centre of Excellence status.
A huge thank you to the staff, children, parents and governors who were involved in helping us achieve this.
Here are just a few comments received from the assessor:
· Granard Primary is an aspirational and positive community that puts great emphasis on the key qualities of compassion, care and empathy in order to create the ideal conditions for students to learn and progress to the best of their abilities and achieve at the highest level possible. It invests greatly in preparing students to be well rounded citizens. The school works hard to ensure students achieve their best potential and develop resilience for life in a challenging world.
· The school acts as an inclusive hub for local families and the local area ensuring that the inclusive ethos is a living and breathing feature of the school. There are strong relationships between all stakeholders and respect for each other is evident throughout the school.
· Pupils are courteous, polite and they respond positively to all adults.
· Pupils at Granard Primary are happy and confident individuals who feel safe and secure within a nurturing environment. The school motivates pupils to become life-long learners and encourages resilience, perseverance, tolerance and respect for themselves and others.
· The school’s excellent reputation as a highly inclusive school makes it a provision of choice for pupils with SEND.
· The school provides a broad and balanced curriculum which is designed to meet the needs and interests of the pupils. The extensive range of other opportunities enriches the pupils’ knowledge and life experiences within and beyond the classroom.
We very pleased to have been awarded the Inclusion Quality Mark.
It is a significant achievement for the school and represents a great deal of hard work from the whole school community.
Thank you to all the staff, parents and children who helped us get this award.